2019 National Conference and Pre-Conference Workshop
Plan to attend the NPSMA annual events on November 6-8, 2019 at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah. Events will be held at the Utah Guest House and Conference Center.
- November 6, Pre-conference Workshop: Faculty Engagement with the PSM. Pre-conference workshop will discuss best practices for engaging academic faculty to raise the visibility of PSM, create a positive culture, and help recruiting efforts. Engaging administrators will also be included. Learn how other PSM programs – on-campus and on-line – are engaging faculty to support the PSM and PSM students.
Have a helpful tip to share? Contact Natalie Bosecker, IL PSM Director, University of Illinois, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- November 7-8, National Conference: PSM Programs Serving Workforce Needs. Presentations and panel discussions will consider: How PSM Programs serve workforce needs, How to make PSM programs resonate with the workforce, and Establishing institutional funding models for PSM Programs. We will also have a dedicated student session on day-one skills.
Three Minute Project (3MP) student presentations will be featured again this year! Guidelines and nomination form here.
Help us find academic and industrial sponsors for the 3MP student session. Sponsorship starts at $250. Contact Ray.Hoobler@utah.edu for more information.
Preliminary programs and registration opens next month. Receive a discount for registering for both!
"Ask NPSMA" Webinar
Save the date for the upcoming “Ask NPSMA” webinar on May 23, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. EST.
- Graduate programs vary in their use of the GRE Exam for PSM Program admissions. Join Dr. Gerald Grunwald (Dean, Jefferson College of Life Sciences and Jefferson Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences) for a discussion of evolving views about the pros and cons of GRE requirements. Share your program’s practices for use of the GRE in PSM admissions. Read Jerry’s short opinion piece in next week’s INNOVATOR as background for thinking about this topic.
Use the direct link https://zoom.us/j/179420452 to join at the date/time listed. “Ask NPSMA” will be on summer vacation from June through August.
Publish in NPSMA's 2019 Periodicals
- PSM Alumni and Graduation Chronicle. Submit a short (about 350 words) profile of one of your program’s alumni success stories by June 1, 2019. CHRONICLE guidelines.
- INNOVATOR. Submit a feature article, in practice piece or opinion commentary by July 1, 2019. INNOVATOR guidelines.
In Case You Missed It ...
- National Service Opportunity: Boost your resume by volunteering for an NPSMA Committee. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- WELCOME NEW PSM PROGRAM -
Physics Program at the Rochester Institute of Technology in NY